Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Accelerated Reader

Silva, T. (2012). Accelerated Reader: Instigator of readicide. Hack Library School blog. Accessed at http://hacklibschool.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/accelerated-reader-instigator-of-readicide/

I am just beginning to implement Accelerated Reader in my library, so I wanted to start learning more about it. Do I want to embrace it? It's time, and I think that I can help to implement it intelligently. There are a lot of criticisms of AR that are raised in this very valid blog post. One, which I've been thinking about, is what does this do for readers who are at or above grade level? Should they be exempt from participating in AR? Could you be excused from AR requirements once you hit grade level reading? What a cool motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment