Monday, October 8, 2012

Interview with David Levithan

Before reading this article, I had never heard of transmedia. We have the book 39 Clues in my school's library, but I didn't know what it was. Since it's by Rick Riordan, I thought it had some type of relationship to his other series.

I loved this article for a few reasons:
1. I have enjoyed several of David Levithan's books and he writes books about gay teens (among other topics) in a unique style that I have not read before. Plus, there just aren't that many authors writing about gay teenage boys. So he is interesting to me for that reason, plus he deserves serious props for doing so.
2. I got to learn a little bit about transmedia, 39 Clues, and The Infinity Ring. The concept of transmedia is fascinating to me and seems like it could be a way to integrate games and digital media into the classroom.
3. I use Goodreads.com regularly, and it was interesting to read that it is one of the things helping to blur the line between YA and adult literature.

My main takeaway, though, is that I need to see what 39 Clues and The Infinity Ring are all about!


Greenfield, J. (2012). "Scholastic's hit-maker on Hunger Games, digital reading and transmedia." Digital Book World, August 24, 2012. Retrieved from http://www.digitalbookworld.com/2012/scholastics-hit-maker-david-levithan-on-hunger-games-digital-reading-and-transmedia/

No comments:

Post a Comment